Anna Amour Ross
CDR NC USN (Retired)
"My goal is to provide safe and quality mental health services to all my patients under my care."
- We will work together at your own pace and comfort level.
- I believe quality of life is critical to mental health and I will assist you in discovering and clarifying your goals.
- I will support you and also hold you accountable to align your actions to what is truly important to you.
- My new mission is to help you feel better.
Dual Masters Prepared:
Master of Science and Master in Human Relations
- Over 2 decades of professional/clinical and nursing leadership experience.
- ANCC Board Certified in Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- ANCC Board Certified Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Navy Veteran - 22 years (O-5/Commander/LtCol)
- Deployed twice in support of overseas combat operations and cared for the wounded warrior service members and veterans
- Experienced working with individuals with military stress related challenges
- LGBTQ+ friendly
- Based in Southern CA and Licensed in 5 States: Arizona, California, Maryland, Oregon, and Washington State.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society in Nursing
- Proud supporter of Foundation for Women Warriors
- Government Federal & State Certifications for Small Business Enterprise
- Woman Veteran-Owned Small Business Enterprise
- Disabled Veteran Small Business Enterprise
US Navy Nurse Corps
- Diverse clinical nursing experience - previous CNOR certification with 3 subspecialty codes
- Quality & Process Improvement Manager, Joint Commission Lead, Senior Nurse Officer, Directorate of Mental Health - NHCP (2017-2019)
- Telemedicine Lead - WR Bethesda (2013)
- Sexual Health and Intimacy Co-Lead for the Wounded Warrior Population, Walter Reed Bethesda MD (2013-2015)
- US Navy Medical Recruiter (2008) Admiral Accelerator Award for one of the top productive medical recruiters in the district.
Experienced in complex dual diagnosis medication management for patients with combat related PTSD, Military Sexual Trauma, Traumatic Brain Injury, PTSD nightmare related disorder complicated with chronic pain and alcohol use disorder.
Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Trained and competent in providing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Behavioral Activation Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Supportive Therapy.
- We will refer you for specialized therapy:
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and other Evidenced Based Trauma Focused Therapies
ACT - Acceptance Commitment Therapy
EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
CPT - Cognitive Processing Therapy
PE - Prolonged Exposure
- Joint Service Commendation Medal (1)
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (4 awards)
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (4 awards)
- Army Achievement Medal (1)
- Global War in Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation Medal (4)
- Avid gardener - succulents of different variety, drought tolerant plants, a few root vegetables and aromatic herbs. Currently experimenting if I can grow healthy egg plants, cantaloupe and watermelon.
- Big fan of C.S. Lewis (Narnia series), The Avengers and Mindfulness exercises. Love traveling & spending quality time with amazing family & awesome friends.